ORION SD Series Universal Plastic Bag-Making Machines
The best choice for budget conscious converters, the ORION SD series SINGLE SERVO AXIS Universal Plastic Bag Making Machines provide a finely tuned balance between performance and capital cost.
The universal nature of this highly configurable machine series permits the production of a very broad range of products, including side-sealed and bottom-sealed plastic bags. The result of over four decades of refinement, exacting standards of quality, performance and versatility are realized. Changeover time between side-seal and bottom-seal is in the order of five minutes.
- Side seal
- Bottom seal
- Twin seal
- Suitable for LD / HD / PP / & others
- Single- & twin-track models
- Custom solutions, which are aided by a highly configurable design.
The SD series universal plastic bag-making machine has been designed with the latest technological advances in mind, whilst keeping both the mechanical and electronic systems as simple as possible. These machines provide the high production speeds, whilst at the same time minimising maintenance requirements.
AC motors are used exclusively throughout the machine, with fault diagnostic facilities and automatic shutdown in the event of a fault. Solid state switching of all cycle related functions, exclusive use of timing belt drives, a lubrication free pneumatic system and extensive use of sealed bearings guarantee negligible maintenance requirements. Wearing components in the machine have been kept to a bear minimum.
A sampling of the machine’s many features include:
- AC servo driven feed rollers (front and back)
- AC inverter driven sealing head
- Flying knife, for clean bag cut-off
- Digitally temperature controlled sealing head
- Upper and lower sealing jaws
- Upper sealing head automatically, pneumatically retracts when machine is stopped
- Narrow machine side frames for easy web access
- Long accessory mounting rails, extending over both continuous and intermittent web zones, for the rack mounting of attachments. Shorter and longer rails are optionally available
- All operator controls are located on one side of the machine
- Multiple feed roller pressure setting zones, for greater web control
- Air jet system to assist with the delivery of bags through the sealing station
- Print registration system for the production of printed bags, with multiple-colour teach-in type registration scanner
- Five minute changeover time between side-seal, bottom-seal, twin-seal and bag-on-roll production.
- Latest technology, resistively coupled, shock-less static elimination system
- On-the-fly print registration adjustment
- Programmable skip facility
- Batching capability
- AC regenerative off-wind system
- Pneumatically loaded dancer bar system
|Standard web processing widths:
||700, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000mm|
|Max. web draw length:
||1500mm (longer as option)|
|Max. mechanical cycle rate (side-seal):
|Max. mechanical cycle rate (bottom-seal):